One of my students actually brought to my attention this new Reggaetón sensation, Joey Montana. La melodía had become one of her favorite new songs. I ended up adding him to my Pandora station (linked at the page footer). So the other day one of his new songs came on: Sin ti. It strikes me as a great tool for talking about feelings (one of our language targets for our Novices).
me da igual
me siento tan solo
triste (lots of repetitions)
And it is such a teenager song (¿Ahora con quién iré al cine?).
- What makes you say “me siento tan triste”?
- What makes you say “me da igual“?
- What puts you de mal humor?
- What are your fechas que recordar?
- What’s this guy’s problema and what is the solución?
(Heads up: One line says lo extraño todo, hasta ese mal humor cuando tenías el periodo.)
I can’t leave you without Shannon’s favorite, La melodía:
Photo credit: Julen Landa