As you go back to school, it may help you to check out the posts under my label “first days.” These posts include:
- A fun spoof off “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” that makes fun of homonyms in the Spanish alphabet.
- Advice from last year’s #langchat about the first days of school, including ideas to establish community in your class, help students learn more about proficiency, Megan and Kara’s suggested back-to-school video clips, and some helpful resources from Zachary Jones.
- Tips for rethinking your homework and late work policies.
- My supply list (hint: there are only 2 supplies and everyone already has them)
- Examples of what I do in the first 12 days of Musicuentos Spanish 1.
Speaking of Megan and Kara‘s ideas – here’s Kara’s video of celebrities speaking languages. Bilingualism is cool AND useful!